Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Letter T: Miss Corrie

T is for Train, Tuba, Toad, Turkey, Tail, Tambourine, Tassel, Trampoline, Trunk, and Turtle!

Welcome to story time, come gather 'round. The story is starting, so let's all sit down!

Read first story: "All Aboard the Dinotrain", or "Bear's Loose Tooth".

Song: I'm a Little Teapot.

"I'm a little teapot, 
Short and stout. 
Here is my handle, 
Here is my spout! 
When I get all steamed up, 
Hear me shout (ahhh!
Just tip me over, 
And pour me out" 

Read second story: "Steam Train, Dream Train".

Rhyme: Ten Little Monkeys. 

"Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed, 
One fell off and bonked his head. 
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, 
No more monkeys jumping on the bed!

Nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two ... 

One little monkey jumping on the bed, 
He fell off and bonked his head. 
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, 
Put those monkeys straight to bed!" 

Read third story: "I Saw and Ant on the Railroad Track", or "The Tale of the Monstrous Toad".

Craft: Turtle.


Materials: paper bowl, construction paper, tissue paper, glue. First we glued our legs and head to the inside of the bowl. Then we turned the bowl over and spread glue all over the "shell". Finally, we put coloured tissue paper squares over the glue to create a multicoloured turtle shell! (As seen in the photo, you can decorate the shell with markers or other materials.

See you next week!