Monday, August 14, 2017

Week 3: Camping Ages 9-12

Week 3
9-12
Camping
Question: Have you been camping yet this summer?
Book:
This week we read "
Sandcastle Contest" by Robert Munsch.

Activity:
Find the missing object
I split the children up into two teams, each team had a different colored object to find. They closed their eyes while I hid the object outside. Once I was done hiding the objects I came back to the kids and would yell "GO!". Whichever team was first to find and bring their object back to me won. 
Craft:
This week for our craft we made s’mores out of popsicle sticks.
Materials needed:
8 Popsicle sticks for each child
Yellow and brown construction paper (for cracker and chocolate), liquid glue, and paint 
Instructions:
1. First I had the kids put together their s'more to do this they glued the Popsicle sticks side by side to make a flat surface to be the marshmallow.
2. I had them paint their Popsicle sticks white, like a marshmallow
3. While waiting for their marshmallow to dry they cut out their chocolate and graham cracker to complete their s'more
4. Once the paint was dry they glued their construction paper onto the marshmallow to make it look like a s'more
5. The final step was to draw a face on their s'more

Some of the faces that the kids painted on their s'mores were quite impressive :)