Thursday, August 3, 2017

Week 2: ages 2-6, Canadian Animals


Week 2
2-6
Canadian Animals
Books:
"This is a Moose" by Richard T. Morris
"This is a Moose" is a really fun book, it's goofy and gets all the children laughing.

The second book we read was called "Up the Creek" by Nicholas Oldland.
This was a great read-aloud book, with some famous Canadian animals!
The third book we read was "Moose, Goose, and Animals on the Loose" by Geraldo Valério.
This was a great book to show all of the different animals that we have here in Canada. 
Activity:
       Who’s baby?
I hung up several different pictures of different Canadian animals as adults. I gave a pack of baby animal pictures to the kids. The children had to place the baby animal picture in a bucket underneath the mother or father animal. The kids seemed to really enjoy this activity, I think they really enjoyed looking at the images of baby animals.
Craft:
         Moose Puppet
For this weeks craft we did a moose puppet. The materials we used were brown paper bags, googly eyes, brown construction paper, glue sticks, and wax crayons.
1.  First I had the child trace their hands on the brown construction paper
2. I had them cut out their hands (with help of an adult)
     3. After cutting out their hands, I had them glue their hands on to the paper bag as if they were antlers
4.  After gluing the antlers on, I had the kids glue on some googly eyes
5. After they glued on their googly eyes, I let them add a nose and design their moose however they would like
If some children were finished before siblings, I printed out some coloring pages that they could color while they were waiting.