Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Letter P: Miss Corrie

Letter P: Peacock, Pennies, Precious, Pipe, Pulley, Peanut, Parsley, and Puppy!

Welcome to story time, come gather 'round. The story is starting, so let's all sit down!

Read first story: "The Day the Dog Dressed Like Dad", or "Pass It On".

Song: "My Bunny Lies over My Doggy" to the tune of "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean".



My pets were out practicing football.
My frog intercepted a pass.
My cat and my dog and my bunny
then tackled him flat on the grass.

My bunny lies over my doggy.
My doggie's on top of my cat.
My kitty is over my froggy,
and that's why my froggy is flat.

CHORUS
Green splat. Green splat.
Oh, that's why my froggy is flat, like that.
Green splat. Green splat.
Oh, that's why my froggy is flat.

My froggy's as flat as a pancake.
A paper-thin froggy's the worst.
He cannot eat flies now for dinner
except when I flatten them first.

CHORUS

If you see your pets playing football,
it's best if you bring them inside
or you may end up with a froggy
who's flattened and seven feet wide.

CHORUS


Read second story: "The Dog Who Belonged to No One", or "Once Upon a Picnic".

Song/Puppet Play: "How Much is That Doggy in the Window?"



How much is that doggy in the window,
Woof woof!
The one with the waggly tail?
Wag your tail!
How much is that doggy in the window?
Woof woof!
I do hope that doggy’s for sale!


Read third story: "Bailey", or "Charlie the Ranch Dog".

Song: "My Dog was Raised by Cats", to the tune of "Down by the Sea".



I have a dog.
His name is Fred.
He won't play fetch.
He won't play dead.

He won't shake hands
or sit or stay
or bark or beg
or run and play.

He won't roll over,
shake or crawl.
In fact, he won't
do tricks at all.

When folks ask why
I tell them that's
because my dog
was raised by cats.


Craft:






Materials: Coloured construction paper, glue, markers, googly eyes. Attach all the pieces of the dog, colour him in, and then slide your hand into your new Puppy Puppet!

See you next week!