Thursday, February 6, 2014

Letter N: Miss Corrie

Letter N: Neck, Nickel, Noose, Net, and Nose!

Welcome to Story Time, come gather 'round. The story is starting, so let's all sit down!

Read first story: "Coyote: a Trickster Tale from the American Southwest", or "Richard Was a Picker".

Song/Activity: Head and Shoulders

Where's your head? Where's your shoulders? Where's your knees? Where's your toes? Where's your eyes? Where's your ears? Where's your mouth? Where's your nose? 

Let's put it all together! 

Head and shoulders, knees and toes,
Knees and toes, 
Knees and toes. 
Head and shoulders, knees and toes, 
Eyes, ears, mouth, and nose! 

Read second story: "Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed", or "Finn Cooks". 

Sensory song, to the tune of "Farmer in the Dell".

I use my eyes to see, I use my eyes to see, 
And when I want to see a star, I use my eyes to see.
I use my nose to smell, I use my nose to smell, 
And when I want to smell a flower, I use my nose to smell. 
I use my tongue to taste, I use my tongue to taste, 
And when I want to taste a peach, I use my tongue to taste. 
I use my ears to hear, I use my ears to head, 
And when I want to hear a bird, I use my ears to hear. 
I use my hands to touch, I use my hands to touch, 
And when I want to touch a cat, I use my hands to touch. 

Read third story: "Farley Follows his Nose", or "The Napping House".

We made some awesome nose crafts!


We used: Paper bowls, string, single hole puncher, and markers. One of our story time friends made a shark, complete with ferocious fin!