Thursday, December 17, 2015

Look at Frosty Go! Snow Man Story Time

Christmas is getting closer and closer! I can feel it on the tip of my frosty nose! Speaking of Frosty, we made some snowmen this week!

For stories we read:

Jingle Paws, by Margaret Wise Brown


Dinosaur Christmas, by Jerry Pallotta


Woodland Christmas: Twelve Days of Christmas in the North Woods, by Frances Tyrrell


Froggy's Best Christmas, by Jonathon London


Where is Christmas, Jesse Bear? by Nancy White Carlstrom


A Moose in a Maple Tree: the Original All-Canadian 12 Days of Christmas, by Troy Townsin


We sang:

Jingle Bells


Ten Little Snowmen

1 little 2 little 3 little snowmen,
4 little 5 little 6 little snowmen,
7 little 8 little 9 little snowmen,
10 little snowmen slide down the hill!

10 little 9 little 8 little snowmen,
7 little 6 little 5 little snowmen,
4 little 3 little 2 little snowmen,
1 little snowman climbs back up the hill. 

I'm a Little Teapot

I'm a little teapot, (point at self)
Short and stout! (hands on your hips, bend your knees and back up)
Here is my handle, (hold out one arm, then bend out your elbow and place your hand on your hip)
Here is my spout. (bend other arm out like a spout)
When I get all steamed up hear me shout! ( tilt head back and shout "ahh!")
Just tip me over and pour me out! (lean over on your spout side)

Frosty the Snowman


ABCs


For our craft, we painted snowmen!







Materials:

- construction paper
- toilet paper tubes
- paint
- crayons

Our 4s and 5s groups had a special visitor for story time this week! His name is Copper!




Copper visited the Library for some stories and snacks! The kids gave him some treats and lots of scratches and cuddles. He was very excited to meet everyone, and sit on his Mommy's feet while everyone petted him!

What do you think, should we bring Copper back another day? 

For snack, we had some delicious mixed fruits!

That's it for 2015! We'll see you all back again in the new year!