Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas is Coming! O' Christmas Tree Story Time

Christmas is fast approaching! We took a break from our alphabet to get in the Christmas spirit!

We read:

Dashing Through the Snow: A Canadian Jingle Bells, by Helaine Becker and Werner Zimmermann


Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Christmas, by Joy Cowley


Jingle-Jingle, by Nicola Smee


What Santa Can't Do, by Douglas Wood


Christmas Parade, by Sandra Boynton


Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, by Kristen L. Depken


Christmas Eve Goodnight, by Doug Cushman


Finding Christmas, by Robert Munsch


Mrs Claus Takes a Vacation, by Linas Alsenas


Diary of a Christmas Wombat, by Jackie French


We sang:

Frosty the Snowman


Jingle Bells


Snowflakes Keep Falling On My Head (replace "rain" with "snow").

Snowflakes keep falling on my head!
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red. 
Crying's not for me! 
No, I'm never gonna stop the snow by complaining,
Because I'm free! 
Nothing's bothering me!

For our craft, we made some Christmas trees!














Materials:
- Construction Paper
- Cut out green triangles
- Cut out tree trunks
- White circles (for snow, snowballs, snowflakes, etc.)
- Cut out yellow stars
- Markers
- Glue

For snack, we had some tasty grapes!

Next week, we're making snowmen!