Friday, May 13, 2011

Bugs

Bugs
2’s and 3’s, 4’s and 5’s


1.   Storytime – Welcome Song
Storytime is starting, starting, starting.
Storytime is starting, come and listen to me.


3.             Poem:  Little Miss Muffet flannelboard
Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet eating her curds and whey.
Along came a spider and sat down beside her. And frightened Miss Muffet away!

Baby Bumblebee
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee ,Won't my mommy be so proud of me,[Cup hands together as if holding bee.]
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee, Ouch! It stung me! [Shake hands as if just stung.]
I'm squishing up the baby bumblebee, Won't my mommy be so proud of me, ['Squish' bee between palms of hands.]
I'm squishing up a baby bumblebee, Ooh! It's yucky! [Open up hands to look at 'mess'.]
I'm wiping off the baby bumblebee, Won't my mommy be so proud of me, [Wipe hands off on shirt.]
I'm wiping off the baby bumblebee, Now my mommy won't be mad at me! [Hold hands up to show they are clean.]


5.   Finger Play: Oh Me, Oh My, Fly
ONE One fly in the web, Oh me, oh my.
The web begins to tremble, In comes another fly!
How many flies? TWO
Two flies in the web, Oh me, oh my.
The web begins to tremble, In comes another fly!
How many flies? THREE
Three flies in the web, Oh me, oh my.
The web begins to tremble, In comes another fly!
How many flies? FOUR
Four flies in the web, Oh me, oh my.
The web begins to tremble, In comes another fly!
How many flies? FIVE
Five flies in the web, Oh me, oh my.
The spider eats them one by one.
5-4-3-2-1
How many flies? NONE
That’s ZERO flies!

6.   Crafts: Bug
Materials: circle shapes from construction paper, various shapes and colours of construction paper, markers, scissors, glue.
Choose colour of bug, add legs, antennae and decorate.