Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day

Love

1.                  Storytime – Welcome song and Storytime is Starting song

2.                 Read first story “Kiss Kiss”, "Mr. Pout-Pout Fish", "Froggy's First Kiss" or "For Me?".

3.                 Poem: A-Tisket A-Tasket
A-tisket a-tasket
A green and yellow basket
I wrote a letter to my love
And on the way I dropped it
I dropped it, I dropped it
And on the way I dropped it
A little boy (girl) picked it up
And put it in his (her) pocket
(Was it red?) No, no, no, no
(Was it brown?) No, no, no, no
(Was it blue?) No, no, no, no
Just a little yellow basket
4.                 Read second story “Mr. Pusskins", “Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley” or “Love, Splat”.

5.                 Fingerplay: Five Big Valentines 

Five big valentines from the corner drug store 
I mailed one to a friend - then there were four 
Four big valentines, lovely ones to see 
I mailed one to my Mommy - then there were three 
Three big valentines - red, shiny, and new 
I mailed one to my Daddy - then there were two 
Two big valentines, the best is yet to come 
I mailed one to Grandma - Then there was one 
One big valentine, the giving is almost done 
I mailed it to Grandpa - and now there is none


6.     Craft:     Valentine Hearts

Materials: foam hearts, decorations, ribbon