Friday, May 22, 2015

Wonderful World of Watercolours!

W is for weird, wild, wolf, whisper, wash, wipe, willow, western, wilderness, whale, warthog, wonderful, and watercolour!

We read:

Fox Walked Alone, by Barbara Reid


What's That Awful Smell? by Heather Tekavec


Today I Will Fly! by Mo Willems


When Lions Roar, by Robie H. Harris


With a Little Help From Daddy, by Dan Andreasen


Whoever You Are, by Mem Fox


Willy's Pictures, by Anthony Browne


Meet Wild Boars, by Meg Rosoff and Sophie Blackall


Wild Boars Cook, by Meg Rosoff and Sophie Blackall



We sang:

Old MacDonald Had a Farm


Ging Gang Goolie Goolie (a song I learned from my mum)

Ging gang goolie goolie goolie goolie, 
Watch out! 
Ging gang goo, 
Ging gang goo.
Ging gang goolie goolie goolie goolie,
Watch out! 
Ging gang goo,
Ging gang goo.
Hey-la! 
Hey-la, Shayla! 
Hey-la Shayla, ayla, ayla, ooh! 
Shally wally wally wally. 
Oompa, oompa, oompa, oompa! 

Repeat and change for names: Tammy, ammy, ammy, ooh!

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

Raindrops keep falling on my head,
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red, 
No, crying's not for me! 
I'm never gonna stop the rain by complaining. 
Because I'm free! 
Nothing's worrying me!   

Willaby Wallaby Woo

Willaby, wallaby, woo, 
An elephant sat on you! 
Willaby, wallaby, wee, 
An elephant sat on me! 
Willaby wallaby worrie, 
An elephant sat on Corrie! 
Willaby wallaby wammy, 
An elephant sat on Tammy.


For our craft, we used special markers to decorate the windows in the program room! 


  






Next up, X-Rays!