Friday, April 4, 2014

Letter V

Letter V- Volcanoes, vegetables, vanilla, violins, vests, vultures, Vikings, vampires, violet, vinegar, vacuum, vacation, volleyball, vipers, victory and vitamins

Storytime – Welcome Song and Storytime in Starting song


Song: I'm A Great Big Vulture (Tune: I’m A Little Teapot)
I'm a great big vulture in the sky,
Flying in a circle, oh, so high.
I just love to soar around and around.
Then down I swoop right to the ground.
 
V is for Vacation (to the tune of “She’ll Be Comin’ Round the Mountain”)
Oh, we’re going on vacation in a plane (zoom zoom)!
Oh, we’re going on vacation in a plane (zoom zoom)!
Oh, we’re going on vacation,
We’re going on vacation,
We’re going on vacation in a plane (zoom zoom)!
Oh, we’re going on vacation on a train (choo choo)…
Oh, we’re going on vacation in our car (beep beep)…


Action Rhyme: I am a Volcano
I am a volcano ( squat down with hands around knees)
Hear me rumble (tremble and rumble)
The lava deep down in me, is beginning to bubble.
Something is going to happen, happen very soon!
I'm erupting with a big gigantic BOOM!!! (jump up and extend arms upward)
 


View full imageSong: “Vegetable Song” (Tune: Twinkle, Twinkle)
Carrots, peas, and broccoli
Vegetables are good for me
For my snack and in my lunch
Veggies sticks are great to munch
Carrot, peas, and broccoli
Vegetables are good for me

Song: V is for Vacuum (to the tune of “I’m a Little Teapot”)
I’m a little vacuum,
Hear me vroom,
Over the floor and
All across the room.
When I get all revved up,
See me work,
Cleaning up the carpet
And sucking up the dirt.
VROOM!

Craft-Volcano
Materials: construction paper cone stapled onto small paper plate, crepe paper, cotton balls, markers, glue

Glue on bits of crepe paper to make the lava on the volcano, add smoke with a cotton ball. Decorate with 
markers as desired.
Volcano craft "V"
Ideas from littlesmartypantspreschool.blogspot.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment