Friday, May 25, 2012

Colours


Colours

 

Storytime – Welcome Song


Fingerplay: Colour
Blue is the Lake, (point to the floor)
Yellow is the sun (point to the sky)
Silver are the stars,
When the day is done, (wiggle fingers in the air)
Red is the apple, (make circle with hands)
Green is the tree (raise arms over head like branches)
Brown is a chocolate chip cookie for you and me! (rub tummy)
)

Sing:  Find the Colour
Oh, can you find the colour red,
The color red, the colour red?
Oh, can you find the colour red,
Somewhere in this room
 
Substitute the names of other colours for red.


Sing: If You're Wearing Red - Sung to If You're Happy And You Know It
If you are wearing red shake your head
If you are wearing red shake your head
If you are wearing red
Then please shake your head
If you are wearing red shake your head

Additional Verses:
Blue, touch your shoe
Green, bow like a queen
Yellow, shake like Jell-O
Brown, turn around
Pink, give us a wink

Colors
The world is full of colors.
The coldest color I can think of is...
The warmest color I can think of is...
The softest color I can think of is...
The scariest color I can think of is...
When I think of yellow, I think of...
When I think of red, I think of...
When I think of blue, I think of...
When I think of green, I think of...
My favorite color for a house is...
My favorite color for a flower is..
The funniest color I can think of is...
The color that makes me the happiest is...

Craft: Painting with Water
Watercolor paper with sketches coloured with watercolour pencils, paint brushes, water.
Paint over colours with brush and water.