Friday, October 7, 2011

Letter D


Letter D – Dogs, Donkeys, Dragons, Ducks and Dinosaurs
2’s and 3’s, 4’s and 5’s

1.   Storytime – Welcome Song
Storytime is starting, starting, starting.
Storytime is starting, come and listen to me.

3.     Fingerplay: Five Green Dragons
Five green dragons making such a roar.
One danced away and then there were four.
Four green dragons dancing around a tree.
One danced away and then there were three.
Three green dragons dancing around you.
One danced away and then there were two.
Two green dragons dancing in the sun.
One danced away and then there was one.
One green dragon having lots of fun
She danced away and then there were none.

Nursery Rhyme:  Oh Where oh Where Can My Little Dog Gone
Oh Where, oh where has my little dog gone?
Oh where, oh where can he be?
With his tail cut short
and his ears cut long,
Oh where, oh where can he be?

5.             5. Song: Little Yellow Duck
If I were a Little yellow duck, little yellow duck, little yellow duck
If I were a Little yellow duck, This is what I'd do

I would give a little quack-quack, little quack-quack, little quack-quack
I would give a little quack-quack, that's what I'd do

I'd flap my wings with a flap, flap, flap, flap, flap, flap, flap, flap, flap
I would flap my wings with a flap, flap , flap, and say good-bye to you


6.   Crafts:  Dot the Dog
Materials: copy of dog, construction paper circles, glue, markers
Colour dog and glue on coloured spots.