Friday, March 4, 2011

Lions

Lions
2’s and 3’s, 4’s and 5’s Duration        45 minutes

1.                   Storytime – Welcome Song
Storytime is starting, starting, starting.
Storytime is starting, come and listen to me.


3.       Fingerplay: Five Ferocious Lions
Deep in the jungle, what did I hear?
Five ferocious lions, roaring loud and clear.
“Roar” said the lions, “Scat” said I.
And one ferocious lion ran away. Goodbye! (Count down to one lion)
Deep in the jungle, what did I hear?
One ferocious lion, roaring loud and clear.
“Roar” said the lion, “Scat” said I.
And the last ferocious lion ran away. Goodbye!

 

5.       Fingerplay: I’m A Lion
I love to sleep out in the sun, (Rest cheek on folded hands.)
And chase other animals just for fun. (Run in place)
In all the jungle, I’m Number One. (Hold up pointed finger.)

Song: I’m a Lion (to Three Blind Mice)
I'm a lion, I'm a lion
Hear me roar, hear me roar
I love to sleep out in the sun
And chase other animals just for fun
In all the jungle I'm Number One, I'm a lion

6.       Crafts: Lion Mask
Materials: Paper plates, wiggley eyes, triangle shapes, paper strips, glue and markers.
Using small paper plate, glue on eyes and nose. Draw on mouth. Curl paper strips and glue on paper mane.