Friday, May 23, 2014

Colors

Colours           

 

Storytime – Welcome Song and Storytime is Starting song.


Cover image for Pete the Cat and his four groovy buttonsThe Gummy Bear Song (Tune: "Six Little Ducks That I Once Knew") 
Down at the candy store, what did I see? 
Five little gummy bears smiling at me. 
Along came child's name with a penny one day. 
They bought a red one and they took it away. 
Continue singing children's names as you call out 
orange, yellow, green, and purple.


Sing:  Find the Colour
Oh, can you find the colour red,
The color red, the colour red?
Oh, can you find the colour red, 

Somewhere in this room

Substitute the names of other colours for red.


Sing: If You're Wearing Red - Sung to If You're Happy And You Know It
If you are wearing red shake your head
If you are wearing red shake your head
If you are wearing red
Then please shake your head
If you are wearing red shake your head

Additional Verses:
Blue, touch your shoe
Green, bow like a queen
Yellow, shake like Jell-O
Brown, turn around
Pink, give us a wink

Colors
The world is full of colors.
The coldest color I can think of is...
The warmest color I can think of is...
The softest color I can think of is...
The scariest color I can think of is...
When I think of yellow, I think of...
When I think of red, I think of...
When I think of blue, I think of...
When I think of green, I think of...
My favorite color for a house is...
My favorite color for a flower is..
The funniest color I can think of is...
The color that makes me the happiest is...

Craft: Tissue Paper Tree
Materials: Tissue paper squares, photocopy of tree, glue construction paper, glue, markers

Glue photocopy of tree to the blue construction paper. Scrunch up squares of tissue paper and glue to photocopy of the tree. 



No comments:

Post a Comment