Friday, November 18, 2011

Letter I


Letter I –Insects, Ice Cream, Iguanas and Islands
2’s and 3’s, 4’s and 5’s

            1.  Storytime – Welcome Song
Storytime is starting, starting, starting.
Storytime is starting, come and listen to me.

             2.  Read first story Bedtime Bugs, Can't Catch Me, Should I Share My Ice Cream?, The Delicious Bug

         3.  Fingerplay- The Itsy Bitsy Spider
The itsy bitsy spider
Crawled up the water spout
Down came the rain
And washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider
Crawled up the spout again

Flannel Board Little Miss Muffet
Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet eating her curds and whey.
Along came a spider and sat down beside her.
And frightened Miss Muffet away!

4.                Song- Five Little Ice Cream Cones
Five little ice cream cones standing in a row,
each has a scoop and an ice cream cone,
out came the sun and it shown all day,
one little ice cream cone melted away

Four little ice cream cones...
Three little ice cream cones...
Two little ice cream cones...
One little ice cream cone...
 
5.            4Read second story Big Rig Bugs, I Wanna Iguana, Ten Busy Buzzy BugsCrocs!

6.             5. Counting Rhyme- Oh Me, Oh My a Fly
ONE       One fly in the web,Oh me, oh my.
The web begins to tremble,
In comes another fly! How many flies? TWO
Two flies in the web, Oh me, oh my.
The web begins to tremble, In comes another fly!
How many flies? THREE
Three flies in the web, Oh me, oh my.
The web begins to tremble, In comes another fly!
How many flies? FOUR
Four flies in the web, Oh me, oh my.
The web begins to tremble, In comes another fly!
How many flies? FIVE
Five flies in the web, Oh me, oh my.
The spider eats them one by one. 5-4-3-2-1
How many flies? NONE
That’s ZERO flies!


7.           7. Craft- I- Iguana
Materials: Shapes for I, head, tongue, tail and spikes, goggly eyes, glue
Glue shapes for I into letter I shape. Glue on head, tail, tongue and back spikes. Glue on googly eyes.