Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow!

Snow
45 minutes
Music: Buckwheat Zydeco "Choo Choo Boogaloo"


 1.                  Storytime – “Welcome Song” and “Storytime is Starting” Song


2.                  Read first story "Zoe's Snowy Day", "The Snowy Day", "In the Snow", "Tiger in the Snowor "There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow!"

3.                  Poem: The Chubby Snowman 
A chubby little snowman 
Had a carrot nose. 
Along came a bunny, 
And what do you suppose? That hungry little bunny, 
Looking for his lunch, 
Ate that snowman's carrot 
Nibble, nibble, crunch

Fingerplay: The Snowman
Roll him and roll him until he is big [Roll hands.]
Roll him until he is fat as a pig. [Make big circle with arms.]
He has two eyes and a hat on his head. [Point to eyes and top of head.]
He'll stand there all night [Raise arms above head.]
While we go to bed. [Rest head against hands.]


 4.              Read second story"The Snow Bear", "Stella Queen of the Snow", "The Three Snow Bearsor "Snowball Fight!"


5.                  Action Poem: I Am a Snowman
I am a snowman, cold and white [Stand up tall.] 
I stand so still through all the night 
With a carrot nose [Point to nose.] And head held high, 
And a lump of coal to make each eye. [Point to eyes.] 
I have a muffler made of red, [Pretend to tie a muffler.] 
And a stovepipe hat upon my head [Place hands on top of head.] 
The sun is coming out, oh my! [Make big circle with arms over head.] 
I think that I am going to cry. [Wipe tear from eyes.] 
Yesterday, I was plump and round. [Form large circle with arms.] 
Now, I'm just a river on the ground! [Sink to floor.]

6.                  Craft:      Marshmallow Snowmen
Materials: marshmallows, toothpicks, water, cupcake decorations.   
Create a snowman with three marshmallows held together with a toothpick, use a broken in half toothpick for the arms. Wet the marshmallows and stick on a face and buttons using the cupcake decorations.